Why Soy Wax is better
Soy Wax is cost effective-because soy candles can last as much as 50% longer than regular regular or paraffin based candles, you won’t have to replace them as often, thus saving a good deal of money over time.
- Paraffin is the name for the normal/linear group of hydrocarbons called alkanes. The solid forms of paraffin are called paraffin wax. Paraffin wax is a mixture of alkanes with a carbon number more than about 22. It is obtained from crude oil by distillation then purified by solvent refining. Soy Wax Candles are eco-friendly – Although soy candles do produce smoke, the amount is much less than normal paraffin candles and soy is candles are all natural, the smoke does not contain any of the toxins and carcinogens that regular candles do.
Paraffin wax is a white or colourless soft solid that is used as a lubricant and for other applications.
Paraffin may also refer to:
- Alkane, a saturated hydrocarbon;
- Kerosene, a fuel that is also known as paraffin;
- Tractor vaporising oil, a fuel;
- Liquid paraffin (medicinal), a very highly refined mineral oil used in cosmetics and for medical purposes;
- Mineral oil, any of various colorless, odorless, light mixtures of alkanes in the C15 to C40 range from a non-vegetable (mineral) source, particularly a distillate of petroleum;
- Petroleum jelly, also called soft paraffin.
As it says, Paraffin based candles are made from paraffin, Soy Wax is all natural-made out of natural ingredients like soybean and hydrogenated soybean oil. Both these products are totally biodegradable as well as renewable resources.
The down side of paraffin wax candles produce soot while burning that leaves a thin film on ever surface in your home. Soy candles are soot free and burn 100% clean,
You have seen the mess that traditional Wax Candle leave, not with Soy Wax, They are water soluble- If you do spill the wax of a soy candle, cleanup is incredibly easy, unlike the horrible mess that exists after a traditional candle wax spill.
Soy Wax burns evenly when away from breezy situations – It has been proven that the fragrance of soy candles is distributed evenly while burning, unlike the uneven burning of traditional paraffin wax candles.
Paraffin based candles burn hot, if you have ever had the wax drip on your skin you’ll know this, but Soy Candles burn much cooler than traditional candles making them safer for you and your family.
As you can see, all natural soy candles provide many more benefits over their traditional wax counterparts. If you are looking for an inexpensive and more healthful way to use candlelight for you and your family, you might do well to give soy candles a try.